The rights of domestic pilgrims:
Haj and Umra Rights
- Pilgrims shall be enabled to perform hajj (pilgrimage) after entering into contract with a licensed company or agency by the MHU.
- MHU shall qualify the companies and agencies capable of offering the services properly to the pilgrims.
- The MHU shall facilitate the pilgrims’ making of contracts with the licensed companies and agencies. It shall transfer the pilgrims’ data to the Ministry of Interior in order to issue Hajj permits for them since it is the concerned authority of umrah responsible for this procedure.
- The MHU shall take the necessary financial guarantees from the companies and agencies to ensure their fulfillment of their contracts with the pilgrims.
- MHU shall carry out effective monitoring programs over the companies’ and agencies’ execution of the umrah services agreed upon with the pilgrims.
- The MHU shall receive the complaints and remarks of the pilgrims on the tour companies and agencies. Then it will present them to the concerned committee for investigating and taking the appropriate decisions.
- MHU shall provide all reports it has as regards the performance of the licensed bodies in the season, and any reports it receives from the concerned bodies, and send them to the committee concerned with the violations in order to see into them and to help it investigate the pilgrims’ complaints.
- The MHU shall implement the decisions of the Committee in order to return the rights of the pilgrims that are prescribed for them by the Committee, in addition to implementing the Committee’s decisions that include applying penalties on the violating companies and agencies by imposing a financial fine, stopping them from the service for one season or more, or cancelling their licenses.
- The MHU shall represent the pilgrims before the authorized legal courts if the company or umrah agency objects to the indemnity determined for the pilgrims.
- MHU shall give the pilgrims the amount of indemnity that is determined for them through the approved official channels.
- Maintaining the atmosphere appropriate to umrah rituals performance.
- Fulfilling all safety and comfort requirements.
- Having the necessary awareness, advice, and guidance regarding all their affairs, during their visit to the KSA.
- Guiding drifters, receiving complaints, addressing and working on solving them, and receiving suggestions.
- Reception and bidding farewell in the ports.
- Transporting them and their luggage to and from their residences.
- Securing their movements between Umrah cities.
- Ensuring that they receive the entire contracted-on package at the best level available, and monitoring their comfort throughout their stay.
- Confirming travel reservations.
- Reserving a ticket if theirs is missed, and charging the new ticket on the foreign agent.
Read More Umrah rights